Share |

A blog dedicated to promoting the healing power of essential oils and aromatherapy

Discover essential oil profiles, aromatherapy practice, essential oil safety, aromatherapy training,essential oil uses, aromatherapy talk and many more aromatherapy notes - all from a unique UK/USA perspective....

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Do You Know Your Rose Oil?


When is a rose not a rose? When its adulterated or something else.
Rose oil is one of my favorite essential oils and is probably one of the most popular oils. However, due to its high cost of production, rose oil may not actually be rose oil. It may be a fragrance oil or indeed actually another essential oil all together. Confused?
I know I was when I first started studying essential oils and I have been asked this question several times by people as well. So, I finally put all I know about rose oil in a complete article to help you identify the different types of rose oil.
Let me know what you think, after reading the article, by posting a comment below!

2 comments:

  1. So true, I think a lot of people get duped into buying expensive adulterations and it's such a shame. My new roommate recently, and very proudly, presented her "authentic" Bulgarian rose oil. It was in a beautiful perfume vial inside a gorgeous little wooden box bought from a market stall in Bulgaria. She presented it to me with such excitement and I was really disappointed to tell her that it was not pure. It was oily to the touch and smelled "dusty". Shame on the market seller, who swore that it was the geniune article.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comments, aromastrategist! so true that many people are duped into buying 'geniune' oils like your friend :(

    ReplyDelete